

Final meeting of project team, international workshop and final conference

Nitra, September 22 – 26, 2013

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Arrival all teams.

Present: Andreas Ulovec (University of Vienna, taking the minutes), Soňa Čeretková, Ján Šunderlík (University of Nitra), Neli Dimitrova, Jenny Sendova, Toni Chehlarova (Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia), Vladimir Georgiev, Marco Ferrigo (University of Pisa), Henning Westphael (VIA College, Arhus), Freyja Hreinsdóttir (University of Iceland), Jarmila Novotná (Charles University Prague, external project evaluator)

Monday, September 23, 2013, 10:30 – 11:45

[Official opening ceremony of the academic year]

Monday, September 23, 2013, 13:00 – 14:30

Sona: Let me welcome the head of the department, Dušan Vallo. [Introductions]

Dušan: Welcome everybody to our department, and with best wishes for good work.

Sona: The meeting is now officially open, and we shall start with overcoming the technical difficulties with the internet connections.

Vladimir: One of the key points would be to **discuss about the webpage**, as this would be the major output.

Vladimir: As this is our final meeting, we have **two important things to manage**: The **final content report, and the final financial report**. I sent you an email with some information. We have to **write some report of what we have done, and some of this work is already done, as we prepared it for the intermediate report**. We have to cover the E-book and the courses. **In the Dropbox we prepared the E-book, and it is now on the web page** (some things will come later about that). We also **prepared feedback reports about the courses that also should be on the Dropbox. So this should be updated for every partner**.

Henning: But this should not be a rating of the articles against each other, but just to have a feedback.

Freyja: If you remember we had not the opportunity to have a course, but only have a hypothetical description.

Vladimir: That is ok and should go in the Dropbox.

Henning: And it still stimulated a good discussion with colleagues.

Freyja: It also should include future plans, dissemination activities when the project is over.

Jenny: Do you think **this would be the time to start the dissemination activities also outside the group and partner countries?**

Vladimir: **Definitely this can and should start.**

Vladimir: Also it **would be good for each team to collect the reports of the dissemination activities, and put it into the Dropbox as well.**

Neli: Until when would you like to have this, i.e. **deadline?**

Vladimir: **1 to 1.5 months, Andreas what do you think?**

Andreas: This **makes sense, as the project end is at end of October, so deadline for reports would be end of October.**

Vladimir: Is this also ok for Jarmila for writing the evaluation report?

Jarmila: Fine with me, as it is the end of year and I have time to do it after you finished the reports by each partner, so that I have all the information for my report.

Henning: I still have some time to finish screencasts for some materials. Does it make sense to have it in English and put it on the homepage?

Jenny: That certainly would make sense.

Vladimir: There is another important point. **What would Jarmila need for the external evaluation report?**

Jarmila: **I would need a complete list of the outputs (E-book, courses, eventual translations), the minutes (I have some of them), and also the dissemination activities. It would be helpful to have a list of what has been piloted where.**

Andreas: As Jarmila said, we should have the connections, i.e. **which materials have been used (and eventually modified) in other countries.**

Jarmila: Yes, **that would be very important, so mention this in your partner reports. Also it is very well accepted if you talk about how you use it after the project lifetime.**

Andreas: ... as we discussed before with Freyja.

Marco: Here I can be of some help, because in the last two years I have had contacts with schools in all of Italy and gave courses there. So I can use the materials there.

Vladimir: I have small question about the reports. For SK, Sona will write the report I suppose. For BG?

Jenny: I will be the contact person.

Vladimir: I think the other teams are pretty clear. Also I want to **positively comment about the changes in the DK team that worked very well.**

Jarmila: A **question concerning the dissemination. There are Comenius courses for teachers (currently not open, but will be probably in November).**

Jenny: How does this work financially?

Jarmila: The participants have to apply to their National Agencies and they get funded from them. These courses have a fee which pays for the actual organisation of the course (travel costs for team members, accommodation etc.).

Jenny: So would it make sense to have international workshops at the partners, where they could see the materials being used in other countries.

Vladimir: I think the discussion shows that **we should keep that in mind.**

Sona: Also it would be possible to use some bilateral calls, where you can organise summer schools or courses. Or also bilateral agreements with Erasmus teacher mobility.

Jarmila: For teachers, you can go short-term, but for students I think is minimum 3 months for such a mobility.

Sona: And **another possibility would be CEEPUS.**

Jarmila: Yes **but that would exclude our IT, IS, and DK partners.**

Monday, September 23, 2013, 14:45 – 16:00

Vladimir: We shall continue, and talk about the **homepage. In the next weeks we shall need to make some modifications on the homepage, e.g. add introductions etc. Who will be the concrete person to whom we shall send these modifications?**

Sona: **Send them to me,** and I will distribute the work to the appropriate people.

Vladimir: **Last chance for the partners to look at the Dropbox and at the homepage, and make very final corrections.** So send every corrections to me (i.e. tell me where you have made changes and upload the actual files to Dropbox, don't send me the files) then I will send the collection of eventual corrections to Sona.

Vladimir: Another concrete question would be, could we have videos, e.g. screencasts from DK team?

Jan: The videos are no problem, depending on how complicated it should be included into the homepage.

Vladimir: We will just need links to them, and I will write the introductory text.

Jan: It could be either an in-line viewer, or just a link to download.

Henning: The in-line solution would make it independent from the viewing system.

Vladimir: We might not have the time, so let's go for the link-only solution.

Jenny: Can we **have final language check from native speaker?**

Andreas: I think also **we have not the time for that.**

Vladimir: As to the **outputs**, we **wanted to have the course descriptions.**

Henning: Should we do only samples, because what should be the purpose of this?

Vladimir: **Each partner could write a report about their courses, and there is link to e.g. the detailed course reports** or the videos. **And probably have complete list**, if someone wants to check what has been done in total.

Henning: And a technicality, how we do the links?

Jan: Just write the name of the file, and I will do the actual link.

Vladimir: In the part **“Dissemination”** we should **have the dissemination reports from all partners**. This includes publications, presentations, workshops etc.

Jarmila: Is it necessary to have a whole report, or should it be a table? I can send you if you want.

Vladimir: Please send to everybody, and we shall do this.

Henning: I am about to have three more articles just about translated into DK.

Vladimir: You download in Dropbox and write me a message.

Jan: So upload into Dropbox, and I will get a message what was changed from Vladimir so that I can do the changes on the homepage.

Jenny: **Is E-book in outputs?**

Andreas: **We should have link to E-book there, which links to the “Materials” section, i.e. the E-book.** Thank you for this, because this point is missing at the moment.

Vladimir: We shall **continue with the financial part**. The **contract AT with Jarmila is clear?**

Jarmila: **Works out well, Andreas, please bring the forms to Volos then I will sign them there, and bring receipts from this trip.**

Andreas: **Don't forget that we have meetings for two projects here: DynaMAT and MeetMe. So please charge the travel costs to only one of the projects, and split the hotel bill and the daily subsistence costs between the two projects (4 days + 1 day, if possible).**

Vladimir: Thanks to Henning, because we had issues before with DK administration, and now everything is clarified thanks to him. Also thank you to Sona for organising the final conference, and also for the SK team doing the homepage.

Vladimir: Thank you to everyone for this great project, we shall hope that we are able to have another cooperation at some point in time. We shall meet tomorrow on the excursion, and Wednesday at the conference.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:00 – 21:00

Excursion.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:00 – 16:00

Final project conference. See separate file for program.

Summary of decisions:

- **Partners to make final checks of course reports. If changes occur, email change to Vladimir, and put final versions on Dropbox**
- **Partners to put updated version of dissemination file onto Dropbox until end of October 2013. Do not forget to also report about future dissemination plans!**
- **Partners make final check of homepage and Dropbox content**
- **Upload final trip reports and receipts to administrative homepage until end of October. Don't forget to upload timesheets as well!**
- **AT team: Prepare last subcontract with external evaluator until [M3EaL project] meeting in Volos [14.10.2013]**
- **AT team to come to Pisa October 20-21, 2013, to support co-ordinator in final report preparation**